Saturday, July 2, 2016
TIME MACHINES - AN EXTRACT FROM MY BOOK - 'COMPREHENSIVE TREATISE ON PATANJALI YOGA SUTRAS’
The Ultimate Roller-Coaster
You are physically present and acting in the "NOW' (in the present moment). But, the unseen "time' is moving your future into your present.
You do not know how it really is happening. But, it is happening always.
The whole universe is changing under your feet and all around you, every moment. The future is gushing in. But, you are firmly, physically, always - in the present moment. Therefore, every learning happens in ‘this moment.'
· Your journey in the time plane is uni-directional. You are cycling but at the same place always, in the time plane.
· You can't step back into the past or step forward into the future. There are no time machines in the real world. You won't become 10 years younger, when you wake up tomorrow! And, if you do, your parents, spouse and friends are not going to like that! But, thank God, you won't become 10 years older too, when you get up from a nap. Time carries you gently into one moment at a time.
The whole world is outside you.
But, you experience the whole world within you; not outside you. That is where the time, your time, is really running.
There is a time machine within you, for each organ and for each cell within you.
They are made to function differently in different time zones. And, you have no control on them.
· Your experience of the world - in this moment and in every moment is very, very ‘unique.' No one experiences the world as you do. You also don't experience the world as others do.
· In effect, every experience of every individual is unique; and, irreproducible.
· World is changing, transforming and metamorphosing all the time. It is a different world, every moment.
· The world outside you is never the same. Your experience of it inside you is also never the same.
PS : Hope this makes you think on time, on the world and on you - from a different perspective than before. Yoga examines time from different perspectives. My book deals with this extensively at different places. This is a small extract from one such place.
Yogi is expected to unravel the mystery of time through his yoga practice. But then, each Yogi’s experience is his own. He cannot transfer it to you. You must explore and experience the mystery of time yourself. Yoga is completely - experimental, existential and experiential and a Great Science in that way..
- Sarve Janah Sukhino Bhavanthu