Friday, January 6, 2017
In the series of Meditations as supplement to my Book “COMPREHENSIVE TREATISE ON PATANJALI YOGASUTRAS”, so far I have covered the following 5 Meditations. You can click on the links below and go to those Meditations.
Meditation-1 is on “ACCEPT YOUR PHYSICAL BODY”
Meditation-2 is on “ACCEPT YOUR PEOPLE WHOLEHEARTEDLY”
Meditation-3 is on the concept of “Sarve Bhavanthu Sukhinah
Meditation-4 is for a Hale and Healthy Body
Meditation-5 is on the concept of “YOU EXIST, YOU ONLY EXIST, NOTHING ELSE DOES”.
Now, we will have a Meditation on a Great Mantra from Isa Upanishad (or Isaavaasyopanishad) :
Om Poornam-Adah Poornam-Idam ; Poornaat-Purnnam-Udachyate |
Poornasya Poornam-Aadaaya Poornam-Eva-Avasishyate ||
Om Saantih Saantih Saantih ||
1: Om, That (Outer World) is complete in itself ; This (Inner World) is also complete in itself ; From one completeness comes another completeness ,
2: If one completeness is drawn away from the other, still what remains is complete in itself .
3: Om Peace, Peace, Peace.
Now, you have the Mantra which you can chant 3 times.
Understand that one completeness referred to here is the infinite consciousness pervading all over the universe around you and within you.
The second completeness is the consciousness that is within the physical YOU and is in fact the real YOU.
It is from the first completeness that the second completeness has arisen. That is, it is from the Universal consciousness that the Individual consciousness has arisen.
After the rise of the Individual consciousness, that is YOU, the universal consciousness still remains complete in itself and so is the Individual consciousness, which is also complete in itself.
You are both Individual consciousness which is complete in itself, and part of the Universal consciousness, which is also complete in itself.
Now, if 15 billion people exist in the world, can there be 15 billion Individual consciousnesses apart from one Universal consciousness?
Do not apply the same logic here, which you apply to the MATERIAL WORLD.
Consciousness is the only NON MATERIAL, INFINITE,UNCHANGING Existence. And YOU are that. And, you are part of that.
Because it is partless, you are actually THAT.
YOU, if you realize, extend all over the UNIVERSAL CONSCIOUSNESS, which pervades the entire Universe, or, the entire Material World.
You also extend over all other Individual consciousnesses in the Universe and so do all the other Individual consciousnesses which extend over YOU.
Can you visualize this in your mental eye? Can you imagine this? This is the stark Universal Truth.
Meditate on this Universal truth.
1. There is the Universe which consists of the Material world, and it includes all physical beings also, including you as a physical being. All the Material YOU belongs to this Material Universe, it comes out of it and goes back to it. This ever changing cycle is a constant, in the Material world
2. There is the Universal consciousness which pervades the entire Universe, or, the entire Material world. It is NON MATERIAL and never changing. It infuses consciousness into every physical being in the material universe.
3. There is YOU, who is the INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS. YOU come from the Universal Consciousness, you are an integral part of it, and you never go out of it.
4. As Universal consciousness is really indivisible and partless, YOU actually extend all over the Universal consciousness.
5. But, right now, your consciousness is limited to your Physical body and mind.
6. You must realize this and make efforts to experience yourself all over the universe in the material world and all over the universal consciousness.
7. This is your Meditation.
All these meditations are intended to drive you towards the truth. Sometimes, it is towards the relative truth in the Material world. Sometimes, it is towards the ABSOLUTE TRUTH in the non material universal consciousness. Both are required as live in both.
As physical body and mind, we exist in the material world. This YOU is subject to Maya, or Prakriti or the three Gunas comprising the world (all of them refer to the same phenomenon). This you is subject to various problems, pleasures and changes. You have to face them successfully in the material world.
Then, there is the real YOU, which is the Individual consciousness, which is Changeless, Endless and is part of the Universal consciousness. This is your absolute truth.
This realization is the final goal. The experiments to experience this absolute truth must also continue daily. These meditations give immense clarity on life.
I am giving the concepts and details and it if for you to sit in meditation on them.
The meditational procedure is the same as given in earlier Meditations.
I Wish you all success in your Meditations. I welcome all suggestions and queries.
Author of :
Comprehensive Treatise on