Sunday, January 20, 2013
GREAT QUOTES - FROM - SRI SRI RAVISHANKAR - (ART OF LIVING) POST 2. Dt. 20.01.2013
SRI SRI RAVISHANKAR
(ART OF LIVING)
POST 2. Dt. 20.01.2013
The first Post(1) on Sri Sri Ravishankar’s Great Quotes dated 20th, Jan,2013 can be read at :
Click the link above to read the first post. This post (No.2) is the next Post.
1) While the authorities are certainly accountable for law and order, diffusing stress in the environment and taking steps to bring out human values in society becomes our responsibility as well; otherwise, people to whom this message has not reached might harm us or our loved ones out of their resentment. All of us should take out some time — at least a few hours in a week — to volunteer for a better India.
2) Increased promotion of pornography and violence on celluloid and constant rebuffing of traditional spiritual values has contributed to society's degeneration.
3) When the water flows within banks, it's called a river. When water is scattered all over, it's a flood. So when the emotions get flooded everywhere, the mind is in a mess. If it is intensely flowing in a direction, then that is Bhakti (devotion). And that is most powerful.
4) Let counselors and yoga teachers get more proactive to heal people. Let people suffering from violent tendencies seek help without any stigma.
5) Let every man promise the departed soul that such heinous crimes will never be allowed to be repeated. Let her death remain fresh & alive in the minds of men in this country so that they don't get blinded by lust. It is high time to stop the blame game for it kills the spirit. Some say we should shut temples, some say cinemas, others say we need stricter laws. I say nothing will work without reviving human values. Let's resolve to make the world a better place for men, women & children.
6) Often, you make a mistake and then try to justify it, because you don’t want to feel guilty. And this justification, does not remove the guilt because you know the justification is superficial. It makes you guiltier. It goes on and deep inside, it keeps distorting your behaviour. So when you feel guilt, don’t try and get over it. Be really guilty, feel it 100%, and that pain, that guilt, that sadness itself, becomes like a meditation, and will bring freedom to you.
7) When people say something that creates jealousy, anger, frustration or sadness in us, we think they are responsible. No, we are responsible because the mind is not centered. How can we gain unshakable peace? Being individually happy is not enough. Our wish should be for everybody be happy and radiate happiness. Let this collective consciousness, the Indra, always bring health and put me back in my Self. Let it always keep me centered, joyful and happy. So in the ancient days, the prayer used to be for everyone’s happiness.
8) Every human being is a book in himself/herself - a novel. In a library we get all kinds of books. The whole world is a library. There is only One Author for all these books and He is flooding the market! Only a few, who are awake, see that these are all stories and rejoice. And you are one of those few. If you think you are not, become one right away. You have a lifelong membership in this library.
9) You are holding your fist so tightly. Open your fist and you will see that the whole sky is in your hands.
10) You are the Christmas tree. A Christmas tree bears gifts and lights not for itself, but for all. The gifts you are carrying in your life are for others. Merry Christmas!!
11) Do not try to possess beauty – appreciate it. We always worry for what we do not have. Why? Because what we do not have seems to be more beautiful. If you de-link this misunderstanding in the mind that all that is beautiful need not be possessed - it is there, it’s lovely, and all that's in not possessing it, you experience the beauty!
12) Let's think a while how we can prevent such crimes. Of course, a stringent law is required & political will to enforce it. Restoring Human Values and creating a strong Neighborhood Watch against crime in every locality. Let us create helplines and reform centers for people with criminal tendencies. Protest is essential to bring awareness; but not beyond that. Otherwise we will be defeating the very cause. Action should replace anger. Join Volunteer for Better India.
13) Dream the impossible. Know that you are born in this world to do something wonderful and unique; don't let this opportunity pass by. Give yourself the freedom to dream and think big.
14) Action must be taken; but violence can't quell violence & injustice can't quell injustice. Patience & perseverance are the need of the hour. India's uniqueness is that we fight injustice in a non-violent manner. Let India's youth awaken to this fact and honour non-violence.
15) How many minutes, hours and days have we spent our life being happy from within? Those are the only moments we have really lived life.
16) When we feel high, we have no problems. The problem comes when we feel low. Then the more one tries to feel high, the more the low feelings persist. When you feel low, jump into the lowest. Just go deep, observe and you will see a lot of sensations rising up, like fear. Agree to it, “All right, let it be. I will dive into it today.” An amazing thing happens within you, a phenomenon. If you try to fight with your feelings, they take a longer time to clear.
17) While reformers are struggling to move towards a caste-free society, politicians are busy making laws that would widen the gap. -- Sri Sri on Reservation Bill which was passed in Rajya Sabha
18) There can be no love, no wisdom and no true joy without sacrifice. Sacrifice makes you sacred. Become sacred.
19) We need to re inculcate human values and restore respect and dignity of women. People in every colony must take an active role in assuring safety to women. Volunteers for A Better India (VFABI) did a good job yesterday. They must scale up efforts to spread awareness about safety for women.
20) Q: Gurudev, how do you manage so many things? I'm also a manager. Could you give a few management tips? ANS : See, the Manager of the world does not make it obvious that He/She is managing. Manage from behind.
21) People look here and there for thrill in life. They don't know that the greatest thriller is the Self.
22) You are tired of convincing people, of explaining, of comforting, of pleasing them. You can even be tired of enjoying! In fact, tiredness is the shadow of enjoyment. What puts you on the road is wanting to enjoy. What brings you home is being in love.
23) May God give strength to families of victims of the terrible incident in Connecticut. Let's all unite to work towards a violence-free society. I wish decision makers of the world take a serious look to ban guns. They should not be made available to the general public.
24) Q: What is the difference between ego and self confidence? ANS : Ego is feeling uncomfortable in the presence of someone else. Self confidence is feeling at home everywhere. Being natural is the antidote to ego and complementary to confidence. It goes with confidence and is inseparable from it. When you are confident, you are natural. And if you are natural, you are confident.
25) Q: Gurudev, you said we must return to knowledge again and again. Is there something that we can do just once and be done with it forever? ANS : Do you have food just once and be done with it forever? Knowledge is learning but wisdom is unlearning. You need to unlearn again and again because you are learning things all the time.
26) Enlightenment is the journey from being somebody to nobody to everybody.
27) New beginning means you are dead to the past; leave it behind. Die every moment so that you can be alive every moment.
28) Is the sun ancient or new? It has always been there but the light coming to you now - is it fresh or not? Does an old tree have fresh leaves or not? Similarly, the cells that you are made up of have always been here in different forms. You are also both ancient and fresh!
29) Let us get astonished. Wonder is the preface for yoga, the union. And when you are united, you wonder at everything. Look at a flower, and wonder, wow! How this flower is so intelligent! Recognize the intelligence in every petal, in every leaf, in every human being that walks around you. They have their own mind, it looks through eyes, the consciousness speaks through the mouth, responds to you or it doesn’t respond to you many times. If you are amazed, astonished, wonderstruck, just close your eyes with a smile.
30) Often what you perceive as reality is not joyful. So when misery is there, you are sure it is real. This is knowing the real as unreal and unreal as real. A nightmare is a dream mistaken for reality. In fact, all miseries are unreal. A wise man knows that happiness is real, as it is your very nature.
31) When you respect someone, it only shows your own magnanimity. However many people you do not respect in the world, that much less is your wealth. Wise is the one who respects everyone.
32) Question: But how can you respect a terrorist or a criminal? ANS : You should because he shows you the way at his own cost. Respectfulness is a quality of refined consciousness.
33) When you sit and think, “When will I get happiness,” you won’t get it. When you see your happiness in the happiness of others, that’s when you will be truly happy.
With Best Wishes
All Disciples, Fans & Followers Of Guruji