Please see the continuation in Post.2 at :
Sunday, January 20, 2013
GREAT QUOTES - FROM - SRI SRI RAVISHANKAR - ART OF LIVING - DT.20-JAN-2013-POST.1.
SRI SRI RAVISHANKAR
(ART OF LIVING)
This blog has been covering GuruDev Sri Sri Ravisahankar’s QUOTABLE QUOTES every month. It is always pleasure to share these sayings from Gurudev – with other disciples, fans and followers.
Many of the quotes are – for ACTION from us. These are direct suggestions on ways to enrich our lives and the lives of those around us. Some are also for social action, action by Governments and leaders in all walks of life. Due to the number of quotes, these are placed in two Blog Posts. After you read one, please go to the next Blog Post and read the others too. So, Here are his latest quotes (Post.1).
1) If you are faced with someone who knows more than you, be like a child and keep your ears and eyes open for learning. If you are faced with someone who knows less than you, be humble and strive to make them as good as or better than you. Communicate with a person of your age group like you are his/her best friend. When you are centered, you become a powerful communicator.
2) Human values are not derived from any external authority. They cannot be imposed by society, nor can they be legislated. They are not the subject matter of rules. Human values are already present in every human heart, whether expressed or unexpressed. Human values need only be uncovered, rekindled, encouraged and nurtured.
3) The way to overcome personal Misery is to share Universal Misery. The way to expand personal joy is to share universal joy. Instead of thinking “what can I gain from this world” think “ what can I do for the world”.
4) We are proponents of peace, but we are also from the land of Guru Gobind Singh. Today, we need Sant-Sipahi. We don't need only saints, we don't need only soldiers, but people who are both. Every human here should be a Soldier of Peace. Soldiers of Peace are those who have dynamism, a will to expose wrong deeds and doers in the society. [Today is Guru Gobind Singhji's birth anniversary].
5) When video games, TV and movies glorify violence, they make such a strong impression on young minds that it becomes an aspiration for them.
6) We accepted food from every part of the world, but when it comes to wisdom, people seem to shy away. We have globalized everything other than wisdom. And, that is one of the causes of terrorism and unrest in the world today.
7) Don’t think, ‘‘what can I do?’’ or that you are insignificant, when the world is in problem. You too have a role to play. Like a tiny homeopathic pill, which has a 1/100th potency, makes an impact on a 60-70 kilos body, in the same way, every individual has an influence on this cosmos, on this planet. We can all radiate peace and good vibrations, which will definitely make an impact on the planet.
8) People feel that if your work is related to meditation, then why are you getting involved with other things in society? I say, when some one’s house is burning, I am not going to wait for an invitation to go and help. This is our duty. Won’t you fulfill your duty?
9) Q: How do I draw the line between religion and spirituality? ANS : On this path, there is no need to draw any line or erase any line. Religion is by birth and spirituality is by choice. It’s a way of life.
10)It is natural for human beings to want to overcome fear and insecurity. Most will do almost anything to feel secure. So, there is a struggle for the seat of power. But those who hanker after power are really powerless. Once you realize your innate power, you don’t need a seat or position to serve people.
11)Sankranti is Sat Kranti(Good Revolution). Today humanity is reminded of its Divine qualities. As the Earth revolves around the Sun, life should revolve around Truth. As the Earth brings out harvest, may today bring about a harvest of human values. Happy Makar Sankranti.
12)Getting hurt is a part of love. It happens this way, and we have to live through it. But to be afraid of pain and to stop loving, and shutting down completely is foolishness, which a lot of people do. To stop being in love because it hurts at times is not an intelligent decision at all. But those who sail through that little pinch and move on, will get the real, blissful love.
13)In video Games, children shoot people but they get up again. They get so used to this. They can’t understand that whne you shoot people in real life, they don’t get up.
14)I ask Terrorists – tell me what do you want. What do you get out of spreading terror? Without any reason, they go and kill people. And we seem to have got used to it. We have become numb. If we are spiritual, it must not be so. It is out job to awaken people.
15)One must see life as an adventurous game and should play the game without worrying about the outcome, whether you win or lose. But if one is afraid of making mistakes or doing anything, one lacks the wealth of courage. Someone may not have any money, but if they possess courage, they reflect wealth. If one lacks the wealth of courage, there is no fun in life.
16)Empowerment means the courage to confront and the willingness to co-operate. Our youth must know how to co-operate and confront simultaneously.
17)In Swami Vivekananda, one finds the perfect convergence of love for Divine & love for the nation. He is an eternal inspiration for the youth. [Today is Swami Vivekananda's 150th Birth Anniversary]
18)Do not make an effort to impress others, or to express yourself. When you come from the Self, your expression is perfect and your impression lasts for ages.
19)The greed for heaven by beheading a non believer in one's faith has made people behave barbarically. This reminds one of the Dark Ages when humanity was tortured. Let the world condemn such heinous acts in one voice. -- Sri Sri on the Pakistan attack on LoC.
20)What is the value on spirituality in this society? Know that it is as relevant as medicine to the sick, rest to the tired and wealth to the poor.
21)Relationship means adjustment, it is giving. But at the same time leave some room for the other partner to give. This needs a little skill - to make the other also contribute without demanding. If you demand, the relationship is not going to last long. Demand and blame destroy love.
22)What love really does to you is that it refines your consciousness. In the state of love, you become sensitive. For your consciousness to perceive the truth, it needs to be in the state of love, which makes you very refined.
23)I don't agree with the statement of Asaram Bapu. Such hypotheses lead us nowhere. In fact, no sense or reason prevails when someone is drunk. -- Sri Sri on Asaram Bapu's remark that the Delhi incident victim was as guilty as the culprits.
24)Often anger comes because you don't accept the present moment. You look for perfection; that is why you are angry at imperfections. Even when someone commits a mistake, know that he or she is not the culprit; the stress inside is causing them to make that mistake. Just this understanding and few days of continuous practice of meditation can change the quality of our life.
25)Blogs can be used to create violence in society or to bring understanding among people. They can create conflict between communities, friends, families, nations or to unite them. Let's bring up the truth. Let's create an opportunity for people express themselves boldly, bridge gaps, remove misunderstandings and bring up human values for a humane and just society. [Sri Sri while launching his blog www.srisrispeaks.org].
26)First of all connect to yourself. When you go deep in yourself and let go of all the anxiety and know that you are loved by the universe, you get inner strength. The universe loves you, air loves you, space loves you, the sun and moon love you. So you are surrounded by that energy of love and you’ll just melt in meditation and that is what gives that inner strength; so solid, child like again. Free from inhibitions, free from worries, being natural!
27)When you ask questions like why me or what about me, you get into depression. Seva is the most effective antidote to depression. The day you feel hopeless and horrible, get out of your room and ask people, "What can I do for you? The service you do will bring a revolution inside you.
28)What someone says or does is just a ribbon on the package. You look at the package, take the ribbon off, and then look inside. Everybody is like a packed gift. Some packages have firecrackers! Some have sweet candies or some other surprise. Don’t just choose to look at the outside wrappers. Inside each one is a very precious gift.
29)See people beyond their expressions. What a person expresses is not what they're all about. There is a lot of unexpressed love in each life. Just recognizing this, your heart expands; then, you’ll never be stuck with what someone says or does.
30)Memory can make you either sad or enlightened. Memory of the ever changing relativity - however good or bad it may be - will bring you bondage. On the other hand, memory of yourself will liberate you. When you regain the memory of “who am I?”, all your meekness will disappear. You will walk with high spirits. The whole world is there for you. You will not experience a lack of anything. A genuine bravery will arise in you.
31)Open your eyes and see how much you have been given. This new year, focus on what you have rather than what you do not. This brings ingratitude. The more grateful you are, more will be givne toyou. (Happy new year).
32)In the new year, let there be sunshine - both in our lives and in society. Let us all have a determination to create a violence-free, stress-free society. May your life be filled with peace, joy and happiness! Happy New Year!
33)Welcome the new year with a smile from within. As we flip the calendar, we need to keep flipping our mind as well. Often, our diaries are full with memories. See that you don't fill your future dates with past events. Learn and unlearn from the past, and move on.
Please see the continuation in Post.2 at :