Friday, December 11, 2020

BHAGAVAD GITA - CHAPTER 9 - RAJA VIDYAA RAJA GUHYA YOGA -SUMMARY - DT 12 12 20

 

BHAGAVAD GITA

CHAPTER 9

RAJA VIDYAA RAJA GUHYA  YOGA

 

Bhagavad Gita is Lord Krishna's advice to the Confused Arjuna on the Battle field of Kurukshetra.

Each chapter of Bhagavad Gita is designated as a YOGA.

Here is a summary of Chapter.9. Raja Vidyaa Raja Guhya Yoga. There are totally 34 Slokas in it and I have given here a faithful description of what each Sloka says. Overall, it is a description of  - how to attain to the Paramathma or the Highest Lord, who is Sri Krishna himself, how to attain to other smaller deities, how to get out of Birth-death cycle or stay in it, how, in human birth, one can attain to the Highest Lord.

Now, the sloka-wise description :

Lord Krishna is continuing his exposition of the Highest wisdom :

1. By knowing which knowledge, you can liberate yourself from all types of ominous(Asubha) things, that which is the highest secret, that which is the highest wisdom, that knowledge (wisdom), I will tell you, O Arjuna, you who has no Envy in you.

2. This is the highest wisdom, the king of all forms of knowledge, the king of all great secrets, the best and the most sacred, one which you can understand through personal experience, which is strictly according to Dharma (righteous behaviour), that which is easy to follow and that which is in-destructible.

3. O Arjuna (Parantapa), In this righteous(Dharmic)  path, those lacking total belief and devotion (sraddha) in it, will continue to suffer in the wheel of Samsara(worldly life) and will not attain to me.

4. I am the invisible and the imageless. I am everywhere in this Universe. All beings are within me. But, I am not in them.

5. Understand carefully this divine Yoga of mine. I am the one who bears the responsibility of all beings. I am the one who protects all beings. But, I am not residing in them.

6. O Arjuna, Understand this clearly. As the air is  present everywhere in the sky(Akasa or Ether), so also, all beings are present within me.

7. O Arjuna, At the end of each Kalpa, all beings merge back into my Maya (i.e.,my Prakriti).

At the beginning of each Kalpa, I again create all beings.

8. All beings are in the firm grip of their own nature and are in the control of my Maya (my Prakriti). I create all these beings again and again through my Maya (My Prakriti) according to their nature.

9. O Dhananjaya, I am totally disinterested and uninvolved in all of their karmas. Therefore, their karmas do not bind me in any way.

Explanation : It means, creation proceeds according to individual karmas and I am not interested in their karmas. Therefore, their new births depend only on their karmas and I have no interest in them.

10. O kaunteya! Under my supervision, my maya or Prakriti(Nature) is producing all beings again and again. Thus, the cycle of births and deaths is happening again and again in a wheel-like fashion.

11. Fools do not understand my superior intentions as the Lord of all beings. I have taken birth for the sake of the welfare of all beings and the whole universe, but, fools think that I am also an ordinary human being and they ignore me (and even try to humiliate me).

12. People whose minds are filled with useless desires, useless actions(Karmas), useless knowledge and  lacking in real wisdom, they adopt demoniac and cruel mindsets (and life styles) in their lives.

13. O Partha, Great souls adopt Sathvika nature and get to know me, who is the cause of all beings, as the permanent, imperishable one and surrender to me with great, single pointed focus.

14.O Arjuna, The nitya yogis, who practice yoga always, pray to me, perform great and tough penances (Vratas), and prostrate to me with extraordinary devotion (Bhakti). They serve me in many ways.

15. Some others worship me as the embodiment of the whole Universe, either as the undivided single entity, or as the multiplied and divided one(into multiple shapes and beings)  and also in many other ways.This is the Path of wisdom (Jnana Yoga Path).

Wise men thus worship me either as the sole and single representation of the Universe or as the one with infinite shapes (the viraat).

16. I am the krathu (the sacrifice), I am the Yajna(Huge sacrifice with Mantras,Homas etc),I am the Pinda (rice balls given in sacrifices into the Yagna fire), I am the voshadhi (the medicine), I am the Mantra ( sacred utterings), I am the Haviss (the sacred offering in Yajna fire),I am the agni(the homa fire), I am the Hutham(Homa karma, the total act of the Homa ). In short, I am the complete act of all sacrificial offerings and everything that is part of it.

17. I am the father, mother and even the grandfather of this entire Universe. I am the creator. I am also the most sacred sound of 'OM' and the great Vedas of Rik, Yajuh and Sama - all that which must be known.

18. I am the Gati(refuge), I am the fruits of Karma (karma phalam), I am the one who bears all responsibility (Bhartaa),I am the witness of everything (Sakshi) and I am the abode of everything. I am the one to whom all beings surrender (Saranam), I am the friend (Suhruth), I am the creator of everything and every being, I am the destroyer and dissolver, I am the one who takes care of all life (Sthithikartha), I am the Nikshepa (Where everything gets deposited) and I am the imperishable and permanent cause of everything.

19. O Arjuna, I am the cause of heat (and suffering). I am making the  rains to either fall or stop. I am the eternal, I am the death, I am the Sath(the eternal Athma), I am the Asath (the perishable Universe)

20. Such great souls, attain to the sacred Heaven ( Indra Loka) and enjoy the superb, heavenly joys

21.  Such people enjoy the vast heavenly joys. When their Punya is completely spent in the heavens and extinguished thereby, they again re-enter the earth and become part of the birth and death cycle , due to their multifarious desires.

22. Without worrying and thinking about any other things, people who focus their full attention on me, pray to me and serve me. Their destiny and safety is taken care of by me.

It means, I definitely take care of those who devote to me and serve me with complete focus.

23. O Kaunteya! those who pray to other Gods, as their devotees, with full devotion to them, they also, actually are praying to me only, but without orderliness and straight forward approach (without directly praying to me).

24. I am the lord of all Sacrifices and Yajnas. I am  the receiver or Bhoktha. Evan so, these people do not know me by my divine nature or tatva. Therefore, they fall into distress (of the cycle of births and deaths).

25. Those who worship other Gods attain to those Gods. Those who worship Pitru devathas(Ancestors) attain to those Pitru devathas. Those who worship demons (Bhutas), attain to those Demons. Those who worship me, attain to me.

26. Whatever leaves,  flowers, or fruits, with sincere devotion, a devotee offers to me, that I receive gladly and eat.

27. O kaunteya! whatever you are doing, whatever you are eating, whatever you are offering in rituals, whatever you are donating, whatever vedic rituals or Homa you are performing, whatever Penance(Tapasya) you are performing, all that, you must do, as offerings to me.

28.You must get liberated from those actions which bind you in comforts and discomforts (fortunes and misfortunes). You must adopt Sanyasa Yoga , get liberated from the bindings of Karma and then you will attain to me.

29. I treat all beings as equal in my eyes. I have no enemies or friends. I stay in  those who worship me and they stay in me.

30.  Even a person with deep bad habits, if he does not worship others but worships me, he will have a steady and firm mind and he should be deemed to be a sage-like person.

31. O Kaunteya! He becomes a very righteous person very quickly. He begets  imperishable and permanent peace. You must know that my worshippers will never fall into difficulties or perish in life.

32. O Partha! Those who worship and surrender to me, whether they are sinners, women, Vaisyas (traders), or Sudras, they all attain excellent destiny in life.

33. Those who are Virtuous, those who are my worshippers (Bhaktas), those who are virtuous pious Brahmanas, or Rajarshis, there is no need to repeat that they all attain to me.

If you get an earthly life that  is impermanent, perishable and unhappy, start worshipping me.

34. Keep your mind (and heart) in me, become my devotee, my worshipper and prostrate before me. In this way, you focus your mind and heart on me and thereby, attain to me.

Conclusion : This is the Nineth chapter called Raja Vidhyaa Raja Guhya Yogah - in the Yoga sasthra, which is a Part of Brahma Vidya, in the Upanishad of Bhagavad Gita. It is a part of the Dialogue between Lord Sri Krishna and Arjuna

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment