Monday, July 16, 2012
GREAT QUOTES FROM - SADHGURU JAGGI VASUDEV - (Latest upto 17th-July-2012)
GREAT QUOTES FROM
SADHGURU JAGGI VASUDEV
It is time again to go through Sadhguru’s latest, Great Quotes. The last time we did this was on 22nd May,2012.
The 13th Anniversary of Dhyana linga consecration was celebrated at the Ashram at Velliangiri on 24th, June,2012. In these 13 years, the Dhyana linga Temple has become a Great favourite place for all Meditators – who want to explore and discover themselves.
I am reproducing below, an interesting piece of writing from Sadhguru spot dt 13th, June,2012. Sadhguru was flying over the erstwhile WORLD TRADE CENTRE structures in a helicopter – which is the context for this musings:
“Flying close to the new towers that are coming up in the place of World Trade Center brought out a big sigh. How the world has changed since those two structures came down on that fateful day. If you did not know – the previous evening, that is 10th September 2001, I was in Manhattan area speaking at the Riverside Church, just a mile away from the events that unfolded in less than 24 hours. I left USA on 10th September to Cyprus, ironically to speak at the US Embassy in Nicosia. Since that chilling event, humanity has suffered a groundswell of violence, hate and suppression that we have not witnessed in living memory. (Sadhguru spot dt 13,june,2012)”.
We look at the irony that – while some people like Sadhguru were striving to build a world free of wars, tensions and enmity, some others were seething in hatred and enmity and trying to bring down the world – which in their thought, was symbolized by the world trade centre buildings.
Dr.Jaya Prakash Narayan’s conversation with the Mystic, Sadhguru was very interesting. It throws up many new solutions and many new ways of looking at Human problems – especially in the Indian context. Dr.JPN is one of the few Politicians in India who is of impeccable integrity and Political honesty – and his conversation with Sadhguru was bound to bring to light some of the key problems facing India’s Politics and administration
The conversation went on in inimitable style with Sadhguru – throwing most interesting solutions to our Contemporary Problems.
Now - here are some of Sadhguru’s words of Wisdom, his Great Quotes of recent past.
I have tried to put the OPERATIVE PART of these quotes in bold. This is because, Sadhguru’s quotes are almost always, THINGS TO DO & THINGS NOT TO DO.
1. Mind is madness. Only when you go beyond the mind, there will be meditation
2. As long as you separate yourself from life around you, you cannot reverberate with existence.
3. If you think something or someone is against you, you lost your yoga, you lost your inclusiveness.
4. Life is a dream, but the dream is true.
5. There is a distance between possibility and reality. Do you have the courage and the commitment to walk this distance?
6. Yoga means looking at the mechanics of life, how it is made, how it functions, and what we can do with it
7. Love is not a suffering. If you have love for someone or something, when they are with you, you can enjoy their presence, and when they are not with you, you can enjoy their absence. What you are doing in the name of love is just longing to become one with somebody.
8. Spiritual process is a seeking. Religion means assuming things that you do not know.
9. Do not bother about mukti, only concern yourself about your limitations, and see how to release them.
10. There is no such thing as justice on the planet. What is justice for you will be injustice for someone else. Usually the word “justice” is used to enforce revenge on someone – whether it’s legal revenge or illegal revenge... ( excerpted from the blog post) In conversation with the Mystic – with Dr.Jaya Prakash Narayan.
11. Life is not a question of use. It is magnificent, just the way it is
12. Leadership is not assertion of yourself, leadership is the art of fulfilling the aspirations of everyone.
13. Your body, your brain, and your whole system will function at their best only when you are joyful, exuberant, and ecstatic.
14. So don’t try to give up smoking, just bring awareness into your life, to every aspect of your life and you will see everything that is not necessary will simply fall by the wayside. If you try to give it up, you will only struggle... (excerpt from an article by Sadhguru)
15. If you know how to bring clarity to your mind, you will see the whole existence is open.
16. If we are serious about saving the environment, we need to adjust our population growth to the natural resources that we have.
17. Trees are our closest relatives. What we exhale, they inhale. This is a constant relationship that no one can afford to live without.
18. Every society needs individuals who go on planting mango trees without thinking whether they would get to eat the fruit or not.
19. If no matter what is given to you, you can make something beautiful out of it, that is intelligence
20. If you think one thing is sacred but you cannot stand the other, if you love the creator but hate the creation, that is vulgarity.
21. Life has come from a very beautiful source. If you remain in touch with that source, everything about you will be beautiful.
22. Intuition is not a different level of perception. Intuition is only a different dimension of computing. [Sadhguru on Huffington Post].
23. Sadhana is a tool to extricate you from a phenomenal memory. (from sadhguru spot dt 27.june,2012)
24. Your psychological status, your emotional nonsense- this is known terrain for you. This is something that you should deal with. Known terrain you must handle. There is unknown terrain, that’s where you need me. (from Sadhguru spot dt 27,june,2012)
=With all Best wishes
To all readers