Friday, July 6, 2012
GREAT QUOTES - OF - SRI SRI RAVISHANKAR - (The Art Of Living) = Dt 06-Jul-2012
SRI SRI RAVISHANKAR
(The Art Of Living)
Guruji, Sri Sri Ravishankar’s words of wisdom are always refreshing to the mind and body both. They convey the essence of the ART OF LIVING.
Live Beautifully – seems to be his first message. Spread love, compassion and happiness – stresses Guruji always.
Yoga follows automatically. It follows Love and service. Here are some of his beautiful WORDS OF WISDOM :
1. When you want to teach anybody a lesson, it never happens because you are acting out of anger. Only with true compassion can you teach people a real lesson. Then they listen because it touches their heart. Have this attitude, "Come what may, I will not get hurt. If someone is nasty, I will learn to be compassionate."
2. When you feel a lack, it is a desert, but when you feel there is plenty, there is abundance. And amidst the plenty, is the wish-fulfilling tree...
3. Ask yourself what is it that you want from your real friend. You will find there is really nothing. You just want the friendship. Friendliness is your nature. It has no motive or purpose. It does not matter whom you are friendly with.
4. I have only two things to tell you. One is that there is no misery in life. Wake up and see. There is no sorrow, no problem. If that doesn't work, the second is, give your problems to me.
5. Asking for explanations stirs up all the garbage. They justify, you say something, then they feel guilty or justify more. In either case, it is of no use to you. Sometimes, it's alright to go and say, "I'm sorry." But don't chew on it more than it is needed. Going with a love, accepting space - "What can I do for you?" That is enough.
6. Meditation is what? Sitting - "I am fulfillment." For ages, people have been told and everybody, like fools, believes it - "I will go to heaven and then I will be fulfilled." I say fulfillment is the door, the first step. Be fulfilled and then heaven opens up to you.
7. Almost all relationships break down due to too much talking and explaining about oneself. "I am this way. Don't mistake me. Don't misunderstand me." If you had kept your mouth shut, everything would've worked out much better. I'm not telling you to shut off all communication. I'm just telling you not to explain things of the past, brood over them or ask for explanations.
8. To do any work, you need some planning. But how do you know what you have planned is the best? Something better may come up. Keep your mind free. At the same time, be focused. Both can be done together.
9. You can come home happily and say with a smile, "Everything that I did today flopped!" You should have the guts to say "I am much more than events or circumstances. Everything comes and goes, but I continue in all situations."
10. You have to drop expecting people to respect you. Completely. On this path, definitely doubts and situations will come that needle you from all sides, so that no weakness is left in you at any point. Otherwise, there is no point in coming, sitting here with me, laughing and then going away. If you come here, you have to become like a diamond. Powerful!
11. Why are you insecure? What is it that you want? If you keep your mind clean, I promise you will not suffer. You will get more than you need. Your mind, your being is so powerful.
12. Unconditional love doesn't mean being foolish. It means you become more sharp and aware. You don't become a doormat and be misused for your compassion. Be strict where you have to - not with anger but with love. Strictness with compassion is special and worth developing.
13. Think about the usefulness of your comments. A magnanimous person does not point out the mistakes of others and make them feel guilty. Instead, they correct others' mistakes with compassion and care, not through words but through their attitude.
14. If you ask for Self knowledge, everything will come. Ask for unconditional love in life, everything will come. Ask for freedom, liberation, everything else will come. These are only one thing but in three flavors. You can choose according to your taste. If you are a man of intellect, you will choose knowledge. If you are a man of heart, you will choose love. If you are in between, you will want freedom.
15. Q: What is the one thing a devotee should ask from a Guru?
Sri Sri: Why do you want to limit it to one thing? There are ten things being served to you, you can choose any or all or different things at different time.
16. Love is enough unto itself. It is perfect as it is and needs no betterment. The very desire for perfection shows a misunderstanding about love and its nature. Can you have a perfect circle? All circles are perfect. If they are not, then they are not circles.
17. A person with authentic love feels obliged to the person who accepts his love. They could have rejected it! When you start giving love with a deep sense of gratitude to all those who accept it, you will be surprised to know that you are no longer a beggar knocking on every door for love, you have become an emperor. Love belongs to the world of emperors, not of beggars.
18. You really don't know who you are. Sometimes, when you enter somebody's kitchen, the containers contain something and the labels on them say something else. And that is exactly how you are. You are labeling yourself as somebody, but inside, you are completely different. Take off all your labels!
19. You need to be yourself and that is meditation. You need to be yourself with great self-respect and dignity. Know that Existence needs you!
20. Think of someone you love... When they progress in life, you feel good and happy - you feel as if it's your own progress. Why don't you have this feeling for everybody? Why don't you take everybody as your own?
21. When you rejoice in beauty, the entire creation rejoices with you. The very purpose of so much variety in creation is to somehow bring you back to yourself - that you are beautiful, that you are beauty!
22. When you want to do something, look at your strength. Your weakness is that you start looking at others' strengths! When you are running, you can only look at the track below, not at who's next to you. Like a horse with blinders, you just look at your path and let anybody do whatever he/she wants.
23. We need to switch - even if you see one beautiful quality, decorate it, exaggerate it, make it big, "So and so is great, excellent, marvelous" and analyze the negative quality with your head, reason it out, "Why are they acting this way? Maybe, they are stressed..."
The analysis of negativity brings compassion in you and exaggeration of good brings waves of beauty. Whether this person is beautiful or not, it makes YOU more beautiful. Those who exaggerate positive qualities, their bodies get filled with them. When this body gets filled with praise, the Divine dawns. -- [Part 3 / 3]
24. I feel that those who do not exuberate with peace and do not feel love for humanity have moved away from religion. People of any religion – Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism, Christianity, Protestantism, Catholicism or Islam - who follow religion truly and have faith in God, cannot take to violence. This is my contention based on our inherent nature. The closer we move towards God, the more we pray; the more devoted we are to God. We cannot but experience love and peace within ourselves and in others around us.
-- excerpt from address to 4th Congress of World and Traditional Religions. Sri Sri just returned from a two day visit to Kazakhstan.
25. If there is any negativity, we deal with it from the heart and something that is positive, we deal with from the head. If there is a problem, mistake or misery, we exaggerate it, blow it up beyond its dimension. Newspapers thrive on this; anything sensational that happens - they see it from the heart but if something wonderful happens, they look at it from the head, "Oh! Let's examine the facts."
-- [Part 2 / 3] What to do about this in the next post.
26. Beauty is the language of the heart - it decorates, elaborates, exaggerates. When you read poetry, sing a song or describe something, it is always from the heart. Analysis or explanation is from the mind. Justice and equality are from the head. Uniqueness is only from the heart. The heart makes everything special!
27. A person with authentic love feels obliged to the person who accepts his love. They could have rejected it! When you start giving love with a deep sense of gratitude to all those who accept it, you will be surprised to know that you are no longer a beggar knocking on every door for love, you have become an emperor. Love belongs to the world of emperors, not of beggars.
With Pranams to Guruji
& All the BEST WISHES to his
Readers can see the previous set of Guruji’s Quotes at the follong link; Click to go to that Post :