|Make Lord Krishna the charioteer of Your Life|
Monday, November 21, 2011
GREAT QUOTES FROM BHAGAVAD GITA = CH.2 & 3
Bhagavad Gita – I strongly believe – is not a religious Book belonging to any Particular religion. It is a Science from the most ancient Indian Tradition. It is applicable for all times – past, present and Future. This science encompasses most aspects of Human Living. It deals mostly with Life on earth in almost all of its shades – and comparatively very less with Life Beyond. The Life beyond depends, after all, on Life on earth. You can find answers to most of your life problems - in Gita.
Here are some of the Greatest quotes from the Gita – from Chapters.2 and 3. More will follow. They are made as succinct as possible keeping the meaning in tact – to make them suitable for reproduction in social media like twitter. There is need for spreading the wisdom of Gita worldwide – and readers may do their bit in this respect.
1) That man succeeds - who takes up KARMA YOGA, with his mind controlling his senses (but not merely closing them) - Gita. Ch.3.7
2) When Mind is dwelling on objects of attraction & Repulsion - mere closing of eyes, ears etc - is DELUSION and HYPOCRISY.- Gita. Ch.3.6
3) NONE can remain ACTIONLESS even for a MOMENT - because of SATHVA, RAJAS & TAMAS - the 3 GUNAs inherent in him - Gita.Ch.3.5
4) Your renunciation of ACTION - does not lead to PERFECTION or even to the state of ACTIONLESSNESS - Lord Krishna, Gita.Ch.3.4.
5) ACTIVE persons must pursue KARMA YOGA.DISCERNING ONES must pursue JNANA YOGA. Both paths are given by me.-Lord Krishna.Ch.3.3
6) If, as you say, KNOWLEDGE is better than ACTION -why do you ask me to FIGHT THIS WAR - Asks Arjuna to Lord Krishna -Gita.Ch.3.1.Karma Yoga
7) ABSOLUTE PEACE is his who conquers EGO and DESIRE - Gita. Ch.2.71
8) His wisdom is steady and permanent- who has absolute control over his senses and can restrain from sense objects at will - Gita. Ch.2.68
9) A man without sense-control has no DISCRIMINATION either. - Gita.Ch.2.67
10) If Mind is not peaceful - there is neither HAPPINESS nor WISDOM - Gita.Ch.2.66
11) For a Mind that is peaceful (without Attractions and Aversions) - there is no sorrow - Lord Krishna, Gita.
12) If you Free your mind from ATTRACTIONS and AVERSIONS - your senses come under control and mind becomes absolutely peaceful - Gita.ch.2.64
13) ANGER creates DELUSION - which creates CONFUSION - which ruins REASON - which leads to man's SELF DESTRUCTION - Gita.Ch.2.62
14) THINKING too much of sense objects breeds ATTACHMENT, then DESIRE, and then ANGER(when U can't gain them fully)- Gita.Ch.2.62
15) His wisdom is constant, whose senses are totally under his control - Gita.Ch.2.61
16) Even the wisest man's mind is easily carried away by his excited senses -which have enormous power to enslave his mind -Krishna,Gita,Ch.2.60
17) That Yogi is STHITHA PRAJNA whose total satisfaction is in his own self - without need for satisfying any desires-Gita.Ch.2.55
18) When the Buddhi falls silent , unmoved by external noise of opinions - it gets into Samaadhi state easily and this is Yoga - Gita, Ch.2.53
19) Work done with great skill is YOGA - Gita. Ch.2.50
20) The one fixed in Yoga performs Action without attachment to success and failure - Gita.2.48
21) Gita.2.47 really means that - Action is your Selection. But, Results are determined by Nature's Cause and Effect Laws - not you.
22) You have all right for selecting Ur action-But not 4 its fruits. You are not producer of fruits of actions. But, you can't abstain from action-Gita.2.47
23) To the Jnaani(enlightened one),Vedas are as useful as a Tankful of water, when all around there are huge floods-Lord Krishna,Gita, Ch.2.46
24) A Kshatriya (valiant Solider) who flees from a righteous war incurs SIN and is looked down by Great Warriors- Gita.Ch.2.35
25) A righteous war is the surest Gateway to heaven for a valiant soldier and must be welcome as such - Lord Krishna, Gita.Ch.2.32
26) There is nothing more welcome for a Kshatriya (valiant Soldier) - than a righteous war - Lord Krishna, Gita, Ch,2,31
27) Death is certain for the Born. Birth is certain fro the Dead. So, why lament? - Lord Krishna, Gita.Ch.2.27.Samkhya
28) Body is like clothes. Wear new ones, they too become old & torn in time. Take them off & wear new ones.Why grieve-Gita.Ch.2.22
29) He who remains balanced & steadfast in Pleasure & Pain and happiness & Sorrow - is Fit for immortality.-Lord Krishna,Gita,Ch.2.15
30) The wise Grieve not - either for the ones already DEAD, or the ones who will - Lord Krishna, Gita, Ch..2.11. Sankhya Yoga
31) Cowardice makes men impotent & is extremely demeaning. Drop it off and Do thy righteous war , O Arjuna - says Lord Krishna -Gita:Ch.2.3.
* * * E N D * * *