Monday, August 27, 2012
GREAT QUOTES - FROM SADHGURU JAGGI VASUDEV - (Blog Post Dated 27.08.2012)
SADHGURU JAGGI VASUDEV
(Blog Post Dated 27.08.2012)
Sadhguru’s words of wisdom are always a Great treat. Readers will find below – some of his most recent Quotes. As always, I have tried to make the operative part (what we need to do) in bold, so that the cause and effect relation in the quote is clearly perceived.
Most of Sadhguru’s quotes have this specialty. They have two parts : One contains the DO-DON’T part; the other part makes explicit the EFFECT of the former.
As we know - Life is a continuum of cause-and-effect sequences. Whatever we do or fail to do – has a consequence. Whatever Effect flows into our life, has such a prior, causal factor. Understanding this sequence – makes for 50% of the success in life. The Balance 50% lies obviously - in DOING the right things and abstaining from doing the wrong things.
Here are the Great quotes from Sadhguru :
1. The only way you can be successful is by inclusiveness.
2. What is most needed right now is evolving human consciousness. Without that, science, technology, development, everything will go waste.
3. There is no such thing as greed. Greed is a judgment you are making about somebody, but different people have different volumes of desire according to whatever they think is necessary for them.
4. Yoga means union, that in your experience, everything has become one.
5. Qn ; on how to maintain one's intensity: Ans : “Life is intensity. Do you see the life within you does not slacken even for a moment? Watch the breath, does it ever slacken? If it slackens, it means death, isn't it?”
6. One who explores and knows all aspects of his life, is called self-realized.
7. The intellect is useful for survival. But when you do not know where you should use it and where not, it separates you from the very life process.
8. Do not try to build your life on ethics, morality or values. Bring clarity of perception into your life. Learn to see everything just the way it is.
9. Once there is a distance between you and your thought process, a new freedom is born. With this freedom, a new perception arises.
10. Your thought and emotion are just a psychological reality. They have nothing to do with the existential reality.
11. If instead of working up your desires, you enhance your capabilities, you will walk through life effortlessly, gracefully, doing very well
12. If you do not stand in the way, the life within you will naturally find its ultimate nature.
13. A devotee has no agenda of his own. For him, the object of devotion is everything.
14. Ignorance is not bliss. Ignorance is brutal. The brutality of ignorance is such that it will make you dead while alive.
15. If you try to give up something, it will rule your mind. But, if you find something deeper in life, the less significant will just fall off.
16. When you truly realize that you do not know, there will be no prejudice and no judgment in you. You will just become a being.
17. There is no purpose to your life. If you experience the exuberance and ecstasy of this existence, will you bother about a purpose?
18. Life is just a slice of time. If one values life, one has to do everything at the right time.
19. Gratitude is not an attitude. Gratitude is something that flows out of you when you are overwhelmed by what has been given to you.
20. Education should be about enhancing your horizons, about having a larger vision of life. But generally, just the reverse is happening.
21. Any teaching will not transform you as long as you are deeply attached to your body. Yoga is towards reducing this attachment.
22. The self does not need social esteem. It is far beyond that. Only because you have not found the self, you try to create a false sense of self.
23. Sathsang is a way of coming in touch with a reality that is beyond the normal day-to-day experience of most of the people.
24. Only one who is beyond the fear of losing himself can know love, can be love.
25. When you are no more identified with your physicality, you become available to Grace.
26. The mind is an accumulation of the past, and the past decides your future. Only if you transcend the mind, the past has no more power over you.
With Greetings to
(& Sadhguru’s Disciples)