Saturday, October 6, 2018

SADHGURU JAGGI VASUDEV - YOUTH AND TRUTH PROGRAM - HOW MUCH SUCCESSFUL - WHAT BENEFITS - WHAT IN FUTURE - MY QUESTIONS



SADHGURU
JAGGI VASUDEV


YOUTH AND TRUTH PROGRAM


Whenever Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev does something, I am first extremely impressed by the scale of the program and then the extraordinary success of the program. 

It was so, right from the beginning.

(i)                Be it Dhyana linga consecration and maintenance,
(ii)              Be it Bhairavi consecration and its maintenance,
(iii)            The 2 theerthakunds and their maintenance,
(iv)            Audiyogi consecration and its maintenance,
(v)  Establishing the Isha Yoga Ashram and its maintenance,
(vi)    Training crores of people in Yoga practices and networking most of them in some ways,
(vii)         Planting millions of trees,
(viii)        Establishing number of schools for poor children,
(ix)        River rejuvenation campaigns, effectively networking with state governments, persuading them and convincing many of them,
(x)           Bringing rural folk together through sports and so on

I might have missed a few other of his achievements like (i) his talks in international forums, Universities and his Ashrams in US, Lebanon etc, (ii) his Best seller books and what not.

Probably, his best achievement may be – His disciples in silence and in meditation for long periods of time.It has not seen the light of the world.

People with open mindsets admire him but may still criticize him on some aspects. People with constricted mindsets hate him also. 

Now, when Sadhguru announced the Youth and Truth program and asked students of so many colleges and Universities to take part in it, I was not very clear about his purpose. I am not clear even now. Students are supposed to ask any question they like. Sadhguru is supposed to answer all that.

I know Sadhguru is most suited for this sort of interaction with youth. He has done it earlier at his ashram countless times – with youth of all ages. 

I started following the Youth and truth programs of Sadhguru on youtube, recently and I have covered most of them. 

All types of wise, weird, nonsensical, typical, political, religious, household – no questions are prohibited. Whatever a student feels as important, he or she can shoot. And Sadhguru will answer.

Sadhguru has toured many Universities so far. He has received all questions thrown at him and answered them all from his perspective. Or, from their perspective. I don’t know.

I know - I would not have answered as good as he, even if the questions were written down and handed over to me one day in advance. Or a few days in advance. Probably most of us would feel same.

Now, what is the purpose of this question and answer session? How will the student community across India feel the presence of Sadhguru on their campus. Will his answers do some magic to them? Will they take to Yoga after this? I don’t know.

Surely, as a first feeler, a Yogi, who is also a Mystic, needed to meet the youth in our colleges and Universities. To dispel their suspicions, if nothing else. The youth needed it. India needed it. The youth needed to know that our Yogis are extraordinarily intelligent, more intelligent than college professors and top bureaucrats, they look at your problems  from a holistic perspective, they can give answers to your life’s toughest questions for which you will take a life time to get satisfying answers. 

No doubt, youth have prefixed ideas on many political and religious subjects and to make them look at the answers from a neutral, impartial perspective is difficult. 

But yet, it was needed. For all of them, meeting a yogi who doesn’t hate them or doesn’t get angry with them for their wildest questions must have been an experience.

His answers come from a wholly new and unexpected perspective. Like when he answered Chetan Bhagat. Like when he answered the lady who asked about their Mess which was in a Mess. 

Try the Left wingers and right wingers amongst you alternately, form committees and oversee the cooking. Whoever gives you the best food, select them. 

I don’t know if that is also the answer for all the mess in India

What questions would I like to fire at him, if am the youth who should ask the questions. I am 69 years young. So, I am not exactly the youth that Sadhguru is targeting. But who knows, I may live 150 years but all these students may not cross 100 – unless, of course, they too start exploring themselves in a yogic way. 

From that perspective, I may probably be younger in my life span than them. Tomorrow is uncertain – for them or for me – or even for Sadhguru. 

So what questions will I like to ask Sadhguru. I have written a 740 page big book titled “COMPREHENSIVE TREATISE ON PATANGALI YOGASUTRAS”. I like it any number of times I read. Now, it is on Amazon.in for sale. So, I may not ask him questions on Yoga.

I wrote a good book but I am not yet a Great practitioner. So, these are probably the questions I may like to ask Sadhguru :

1.     Sadhguru : Are you not talking of all non-yoga subjects most of the time instead of  Yoga subjects?

2.         You are doing wonderfully in answering the questions of youth, I wholeheartedly admit. When do you find time for Yoga at personal level?

3.         In Nepal, some boy did meditation for 6 months at a stretch once and many mediamen recorded it also. and it is said, he did it for a further 5 years at a stretch in deep jungles thereafter. Are there disciples in Isha Yoga centre attempting such feats in yoga? Is it not time that they are unleashed on all yoga enthusiasts?

4.     If any University is volunteering, is it possible to display that some disciples of Isha Yoga can do meditation for 24 hours at a stretch. Your Q-A sessions would have created enough interest for taking this further like this into practical yoga.

5.         Modiji has created enough interest in Yoga across the world with International Yoga day and you are carrying Yoga across the world and now right into the minds and hearts of Indian Youth. Is it that the second stage of this Youth and truth program is to involve them in practical yoga and make them taste the benefits of it and make them real seekers rather than believers in all that they do.

6.      Well. Enough of my 'any questions'. I admire you greatly and of course, I am a seeker myself. My children have undergone most of your programs and are wholly into Isha Yoga activities. I have undergone a few trainings myself. 

7.    I agree that tomorrow is very uncertain, yet, I personally wish you a long, long, healthy, successful life. Your success is our success, India’s own success and the whole humanity’s success, in the long run.

 Pranams

(V.Vijayamohan)

 Me & My Book
 


No comments:

Post a Comment